Tuesday, January 7, 2014

stuck in the middle... by myself

its strange to think that a week ago i was at work early and feverishly trying to finsih any and everything up before hitting the road for a last minute road trip home.  i was so excited to see my family and friends.  its sobering to think about how much i have missed them the last six months.  
Being home was everything i wanted
i made my mother cry, friends freak out and i got to spend time with Payton.

But as the second day set it i was thinking of my life in ABQ and all i needed to do and concentrate on for the new year.  i went out with a friend which i miss dearly and expressed my need to get back to my life. "i can't wait to go home"  it was an odd sentence because for the first time i really thought of ABQ as my home.  i live here and i actually love it.  its everything i wanted and a lot of things i didn't know i wanted  

i always considered ABQ as a temporary stop on my way to a better life, not expecting to fall in love with my store, my team and my amazing customers.
I still consider the future as open to possibilities.  There are stores all over the United States and i could be sent anywhere.  i love the thought of up rooting and being sent somewhere unknown.  ABQ was once unknown and unthought of but now... it's home!   The possibilities for the future are completely ENDLESS!!  An enticing and enthralling thought!
BUT the truth still stand
i miss my people.  i miss the family dinners and awkward moments with my best friends.
I miss things that aren't real.  things i think I'm missing but really I'm sure I'm just over thinking things.
i have a tendency to let my imagination get the better of me. 

i am still looking forward to my trip home at the beginning of February.  i want to make the most of my time with my family.  they are really to good to me and i am extremely blessed!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment