Monday, September 23, 2013

Nerves

This weeks starts the busiest couple weeks of my life!  
My store is almost done! 
It has been under construction for the past 6 weeks ( pretty much the entire time I have been here..)
And tomorrow we enter the final days of construction! 
I am being honored with a brand new high capacity test store! It is one of eight in the company and is a huge deal! 
I have been operating out of a extremely small space on the upper floor.  It is an old verizon and we took what we could get to get construction under way. 
They gutted my store and started for scratch. 
I promise to post before and after pictures!
Tomorrow the punch list
Thursday the walk through and I get keys at noon!!
Thursday afternoon interviews with my DM as well as planning what I want in my store!
Friday bright and early moving back stock, paperwork and all other non essentials, without impacting my business. We will be open for business at our temp location until Sunday night. When we close Sunday we start the real move. We have to move thousands of pieces of merchandise in one night! It's going to be an exteeamly late might!!
Monday morning IT comes to strip all electronics and our POS out to put down stairs in my new store.  Monday and Tuesday will be exteeamly long 12 hour days.. (Maybe even longer) I will do what needs to be done!
Wednesday we have a soft open that I have to be there for. Thursday I get the day off... Basically to sleep. Friday is always busy but with a new store I'm expecting double the business. Saturday is our Grand Opening!!!  We are having huge sales as well as a drawing for a $500 gift card to our store! We have told every sinlge customer about this since before we moved!! I expect it to be beyond busy and I will be there from open to close!
My store will succeed and have the best grand opening possible!!
Today while learning about the little differences in my new store and previewing it I started to get nervous. This is a huge opertunity and I want it to go well :)
My team is strong and I know I have taught them well... But it doesn't stop a mother from worrying!!
The next week we will be testing things out and getting things perfect!  I get to re learn my job and the visual standards that are now expected of me and my team. 
Excilerating, nerve racking, and heart pounding! 
Tomorrow starts a whole new world for me!
A bright note... My amazing friend and mentor Catrina is coming for the weekend to help me open and put together my store... I feel so far from home even tho I know I'm not sometimes alone is the only way I can feel .. But I'm so so so glad that for this huge momentus weekend I won't have to face it alone! I have my Trina :) 
She is getting paid to come visit me! It's a win for both of us :)
Wish me luck
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment