Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Arizona.. It was home

My trip to Arizona was quiet enlightening. 
It started with a managers meeting that was to long and all in a sitting position. 
Two things I do not approve of. 
After a two hour wait at an airport and then a 1 1/2 flight I was not happy to sit for 8 hours but I was happy to be there. Happy to be recognized for my hard work and the work of my team.  We by-passed all of our goals and then some... And then some more!! We have been on the up and up... And we are surely not stopping!
I also got to see my favorite Trina!  She's my mentor and it was so awesome to sit at a table as her equal.
After the meeting my old store manager drove me to my sisters house where the love of my life (thus far) lives. He is about three feet tall and has the cutest blue eyes!
I text my sister that I was outside and she came out with Payton. I said hi and he freaked out. He ran right at me and I dropped to my knees as he through himself at me. BEST HUG EVER!!!
I spent most of my time with this kid. I can already feel a huge change in him. He's a growing boy and every time i chatted with him I could see him changing and leaving his toddler socks behind. He's becoming a real boy.. A little grownup...
So much personality in a little body :)

I got to see a few friends and enjoy time with my family which will hold me over for a few months.

I spent time with my mom.  It's funny the little things that matter the most. Like singing in the car and embarrassing your mother by dancing in the passenger seat. 

One late night trip to IHOP that gave me a stomach ache from laughing. A movie night with my dad and Not My Dad just like we used to.  It was so fun to just be there and to relax. 

Over all it was a relaxing adventure back in time. Everything and nothing was the same. I slept I the same room but it wasn't my bed anymore. (I purchased my bed after moving to ABQ and it's all mine!)
It was my family and yet I felt apart from them.  I felt different with them, something I don't really understand but I know what I felt. 

It was a great visit and the hardest goodbyes were of course with my main squeeze Payton. If I could take him with me I would. 

Getting home was actually really nice, my bed welcomed me with open arms... (It was 
Retry much made just for me.. That's how comfortable it is). 
I had a boat load of laundry but all and all it was great to be home...
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment