Friday, June 12, 2015

Update... The real one

I'm still slain it over at Torrid...
This is one of the stores I had the provelege of running this last year.  Tanger at Westgate!
Im in love with this picture because I look fabulous but also... Because my team!  We worked so well together and I miss them everyday! 
My new team at Arrowhead is freaking awesome tho! 
I love my new store!! It's pretty much a copy of all the things I loved about my New Mexico store but with upgrades and fixes to everything I didn't like!!! Can I get a hallelujah?!?!?!
We have a lot of work in front of us but I plan to be in the top ten stores by the end of the year... Done and done!!!
It is by far the most challenging store I've worked in and a stress that's for sure.  When I'm not working I'm day dreaming of all the things I could be finishing if I was working.  My job is never done and there never seems to be a moment of peace.  But this is what I asked for.... 
When I was a part time assistant I had the chance to work a Saturday at Arrowhead and I lost my shit. It was busy beyond belief and I saw the challenge that it was and could be for me.  I've watched arrowhead for years, from afar and wondered what I could do with it.  It's had some rocky times in the past few years but still remains the top volume store in the state and on the top 20 in the company.  I could see things from the outside and think about all I would like the change or implement but now that I'm here, I realize that I was a pompous shit head. I shouldn't have been criticizing the management or the way the store was run... Dear lord they were doing the best they could and I see that now first hand.
But, Because I watched the store and studied it I feel more capable of taking it to the next level.  I gave myself a year to get the store where it needs to be and where I want it to be.
Two months down...


No comments:

Post a Comment